Essential Job Functions
You compile, process and maintain Account Payable records.
- You process vendor invoices for payment. You verify remit to address and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices. You calculate and optimize discounts when applicable, verify the accuracy of general ledger coding and 3-way match with verification of quantity and price on purchase order.
- You are able to accurately process and enter 500 - 700 invoices per week.
- You audit and verify expense reports.
- You respond timely to phone calls regarding invoice inquires and payments.
- You work with internal departments, plants and purchasing to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or approval signatures.
- You reconcile statements from vendors; You check vendor files for payment of any invoices listed outstanding. You verify and resolve outstanding invoices.
- You assist the Accounts Payable Supervisor with payment runs bi-weekly. You utilize automated equipment to sign and separate checks. You attach remittance advice to checks and place checks in envelopes to be mailed.
- You perform other special projects assigned by your manager.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Familiar with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
- Able to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Has a degree of flexibility.
- SAP experience is a plus but not required.
- HS or GED is required. Associates is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in an AP or Accounting environment is a must.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment is critical
- Effective team member and demonstrates initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Key Metrics Areas:
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program