Essential Job Functions
As the Southwest Region Agronomist, you will support the TKI Crop Vitality sales team in expanding market share and developing markets for Crop Vitality products in the Southwest U.S. You will utilize your technical knowledge of specialty fertilizers, be insightful towards customers needs and offer best management practices in using Crop Vitality products to enhance customer fertility programs.
- Identify plant fertilization needs and benefits using TKI Crop Vitality products for Southwestern U.S. cropping systems.
- Design and implement appropriate field testing and demonstration trials to fill knowledge gaps that support sales and marketing efforts.
- Establish good working relationships with university and private researchers.
- Visit locations to evaluate the quality of research.
- Work with TKI Crop Vitality Sales Team, Agronomists, and Marketing colleagues to develop technically sound marketing messages.
- Provide technical support for customers and end users to ensure successful use and positioning of TKI Crop Vitality products.
- Research competitors product offerings and evaluate potential licensing, acquisitions and develop new products in line with company goals.
- Assist in training the TKI Crop Vitality sales team and customers’ sales staff.
- Approximately 50% travel is required throughout the Southwestern U.S.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- A master’s degree in crop science, soil science or agronomy is preferred or a bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Possess a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license or willing to obtain one within one year.
- Strong communication skills: must be fluent in English with the ability to read, write and present technical information one-on-one and to large groups.
- Knowledge of specialty fertilizer products, including nitrogen stabilizers.
- Knowledge of the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Program, precision agriculture and emerging fertilizer technologies.
- Knowledge of TKI Crop Vitality competitors’ products and service offerings in the specialty fertilizer arena, with a familiarity of crop protection products.
- Working knowledge of customer segments and needs, including crop production and input practices, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers and growers.
- Experience with product evaluation, marketing and product launch.
- Experience with the development of training modules focused on product technical data, selling messages and tools for the sales team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- TKI Crop Vitality sales and marketing colleagues.
- TKI Crop Vitality agronomy colleagues.
- University and private researchers.
- Competing fertilizer and crop protectant industry sales and agronomy personnel.
- TKI Crop Vitality distributors and customers.
Key Metric Areas:
- Ability to collaborate with TKI Crop Vitality colleagues.
- Complete research trials and projects sharing results with TKI Crop Vitality colleagues.
- Have a good understanding of TKI Crop Vitality portfolio within one year.
- Meet individual and team benchmarks set by supervisor(s).
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program