Essential Job Functions
As Assistant Plant Manager, you supervise and direct the activities of site operations and maintenance personnel. You ensure compliance with TKI policy and procedures, in accordance with all applicable state, federal, and OSHA regulations
- Supervise and direct the activities of all site personnel.
- Provide motivation and leadership to site personnel; when necessary initiate corrective action measures to correct adverse work behavior.
- Directly responsible for resolving site production, quality, safety, inventory and cost issues.
- Oversee the flow and completion of administrative documents relative to materials, orders, customers and site compliance documents and records.
- Participate in the planning and establishment of the site’s short and long term goals and budgets.
- Identify, evaluate and implement cost saving ideas to optimize operations.
- Identify and develop managerial and line talent at the site.
- Communicate clearly and tactfully, both verbally and in writing. Maintain good communications with both TKI corporate and our business associates.
- Know all regulatory laws and standards applicable to the plant site. Ensure the plant site is in compliance with all OSHA policies, laws and standards.
- Become familiar with and utilize to the fullest extent possible the expertise of support staff within TKI: i.e. Environmental, Regulatory, Safety, Logistics, Transportation, Engineering and Quality Control.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Education – HS diploma or GED is required; technical or engineering degree is desirable
- Strong mechanical and technical knowledge and skills
- Must be able to read and understand business material
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate and work with co-workers and customers in a professional manner
- Computer literate – must be versed in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), SAP experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of TKI products and productions methods a plus
- Finley Plant Manager and site employees
- Area Manager – TKI Operations
- TKI Director of Plant Operations
- TKI office personnel and other onsite personnel
Key Metrics Areas:
- Ability to produce quality product that meets TKI standards and guidelines
- Supervise daily activities ensuring safety throughout the site
- Communication throughout organization – both verbal and written
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program