Essential Job Functions
You grow and develop the portfolio of business for department Mining and Industrial (M&I) by developing new business opportunities. You work to execute the strategic objectives of the BU through new product and applications development, volume, revenue and margin growth through new customer acquisitions, leveraging existing and new networks and partners and the potential for business acquisitions or partnerships.
- At all times manage and conduct business in line with the Tessenderlo Group Code of Conduct.
- Convert the content of the M&I strategic plan into measureable business objectives and goals. Detail and carry out a plan to achieve these objectives.
- Establish key industry contacts and build relationships, designed to increase business opportunities for M&I.
- Review all new business opportunities for fit with the strategic plan and advise accordingly. Collaborate across BU’s and functions to identify and take advantages of synergies, where there is overlap, to increase competitive advantage.
- Identify new growth opportunities thru existing product application developments or adjacent synergies.
- Play a pivotal role in directing the work of R&D towards meeting the needs of M&I. Utilize stage gate project to determine the priorities and needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of testing protocols to validate M&I products for customer applications.
- Become familiar and comply with all regulatory laws and standards applicable to products, their movement and site application. Collaborate on efforts to promote safety stewardship of M&I products at client locations.
- Extend M&I’s influence into the market place, by actively attending trade shows and conferences. Determine the appropriate trade shows to attend and give instructions for the organization and preparation.
- Determine, create and manage the brand management and marketing tools to be used by M&I.
- Determine which M&I industry trends should be tracked. Determine through analysis, actions required by M&I to exploit or defend the business situation.
- Formulate significant contract proposals for new or repeat formula business. Work with the M&I team in determining the thresholds.
- As a subject matter expert, lead training and development for other members of the M&I sales team members.
- Analyze and follow up on sales revenue and margin reports and take necessary action to improve.
- Can act as M&I SPOC for IP issues.
- Identify potential opportunities for acquisition and partnership.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 10-15 years of industry (mining/extraction) experience in a commercial role.
- Experience with the sales of chemicals and solutions to the mining sector and industries requiring specialist products is essential.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mining, chemistry or chemical engineering is preferred.
- Sound finance, business and commercial acumen.
- Core abilities to develop business relationships and convert these into business opportunities.
- Excellent numerical and verbal reasoning abilities
- Communication ability at all levels of the organization.
- Must be willing and able to travel as necessary, both domestically and internationally to mines, plants and customer sites
- Key customers and potential customers
- Industry opinion makers and specialists.
- Other key suppliers to the relevant industries
- Range of internal TKI and Tessenderlo Group contacts
Key Metrics Areas:
- Business creation and conversion of initial contacts.
- Volume and revenue metrics.
- EBITDA contribution.
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program