Essential Job Functions
The Business Unit Controller serves as primary finance support for the assigned Business Unit (BU). It fully supports the BU on a proactive basis. It understands their financial and reporting needs and is viewed as a valued business partner. It requires a strong financial acumen and willingness to support the business in achieving its strategic goals and objectives.
- Reviews and validates BU Profit & Loss Statements. Investigates and resolves anomalies and unusual trends. Supports and participates in Monthly/Quarterly BU Reviews, providing financial insights to business growth trends and profitability in assigned area.
- Preparing and presenting analyses of operating results and metrics to BU management team, including analysis of trends, cost drivers and product costs
- Drive operational and financial efficiencies, advise the BU on key operational issues and make recommendations to optimize business performance
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly financial reports
- Managing forecasting and annual budget process ensuring accurate, timely and efficient execution
- Acts as liaison between BU and Accounting and Tax Departments ensuring business transactions are properly accounted for in BU financials.
- Monitoring of key internal controls within BU
- Communicating Corporate and Group policy changes in Accounting and Finance
- Provide ad-hoc analytic decision-making support to the BU Lead, CFO, and senior management on special projects as required
- Provide weekly sales updates to commercial team
- Other assignments as requested by CFO and BU Lead
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Accounting. A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in business administration, accounting, customer service management or other related fields
- Computer proficient (SAP, Excel, WORD, PowerPoint)
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of finance and accounting operations and strategies as well as process and information flow.
- Self-starter and able to deal with ambiguity and frequent change
- Ability to work well independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent organizational skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, assertive and strong team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Accounting, NovaSource Manufacturing
- Position will report to CFO, but primarily work with the NovaSource Business Unit.
Key Metrics Areas:
- Timely and accurately reporting NovaSource business unit’s financial updates.
- Address and answer any questions from TG Finance and TKI ExCom
- Forecasting and budgeting accuracy and timeliness.
- Business analysis on behalf of the BU NS team.
- Tier 1 BU NS metrics.
- Currency exchange and impact on P&L and business in general.
- Increase knowledge of NovaSource business.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Why join TKI:
• Work/life balance
• Fun and rewarding environment
• Learning, development and team work
• Community involvement/outreach
• Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
• Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
• 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
• 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
• Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
• Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
• Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
• Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
• Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
• Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
• Long-Term Disability insurance
• Company referral program