Essential Job Functions
As Chemist 1 you will provide technical support which will facilitate efficient and effective laboratory functionality as well as conduct basic chemical experimentation and tasks supporting TKI chemists and customers.
- Religiously follow laboratory and other company safety procedures including the constant proper use of appropriate PPE and the practice of “good housekeeping” standards.
- Perform analyses and experiments in the lab.
- Be responsible for data quality and method integrity.
- Maintain a working knowledge/understanding of the operation of lab equipment and the computer programs associated with all lab equipment.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data to select corrective steps.
- Keep a daily log and retain other lab records as instructed.
- Timely prepare written documents as required to report test results.
- Maintain equipment record books.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining the inventory of lab supplies.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and performing preventative maintenance.
- Take pleasure in working with customers, chemists, engineers, sales staff, technicians, production, and management.
- Be flexible and open to change on short notice and work extra hours as required.
- Perform the required duties under stressful conditions.
- Stay motivated and perform duties with limited supervision.
- Strive to comprehend and carry out detailed instructions.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- BS Degree in a science discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with wet chemistry, titrations, experimental design and the ability to learn new techniques and the curiosity to contribute to new ideas and ways of working.
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation such as Agilent GC systems, Dionex ion chromatography, and Waters HPLC.
- An understanding of chemical lab principles and the ability and desire to learn new techniques and chemistries in support of TKI chemistry and applications
- Ability to understand, trouble-shoot, and repair mechanical and electronic apparatus.
- QC, MPR and TKI Innovation Center employees
- Sales and Marketing team
Key Metrics Areas:
- Safety performance and adherence to standards, procedures and overall cleanliness.
- Productivity and efficient use of time.
- Accuracy of lab results and consistent demonstration of understanding and knowledge of TKI chemistry processes and services.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program