Essential Job Functions
Marketing and Communications sets and guides the strategy for all relevant TKI subject matter, ensuring consistency in theme and relevance of content. The scope includes TKI BU marketing plans and implementation, newsletters, websites, social media and public relations, among others. As the TKI Marketing and Communications Manager, you will participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives and supports each functional area in developing effective communications for strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the TKI CEO and the Executive Team to develop an annual marketing, communication and brand strategy ensuring all aspects of the company’s marketing and communication activities are aligned with the spirit and goals of the TKI brand.
- Prepare a budget to support the TKI marketing and communications plan.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Leaders for the creation and delivery of company activities and marketing initiatives.
- Research media trends and results to support the development of future marketing and communication strategies that are consistent with brand equity.
- Ensure all marketing and communications articulate proper content and image of the organization across all mediums.
- Lead the development of communication content across all media channels to increase awareness of the TKI’s vision and mission while developing the TKI family of brands.
- Manage creative and graphic development for print, digital and other forms of marketing materials.
- Oversee production processes across all communication mediums, ensuring timely delivery and quality in presentation.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of all marketing process and mediums and take action accordingly.
- Develop effective communication programs and brands that build short term business and long term equity.
- Strengthen the Company’s leadership standing by conducting analyses which identify the principles of effective integrated communications.
- Deliver brand and marketing training programs to all levels of the organization.
- Manage all aspects of the brand both tangible and intangible.
- Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximizing all opportunities for growth.
- Work and liaise with Tessenderlo Group Communications on all aspects of the internal and external communications policies.
- Draft and edit communications items (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts,…).
- Take the lead in developing and executing a crisis communication plan.
- Maintain databases and media lists. Ensure that TKI understands the key external industry contacts in order to influence favorable outcomes for TKI.
- Facilitate effective internal communications, particularly to support key employee initiatives.
- Support communications to improve employee involvement and collaboration.
- Build an annual strategic communications calendar.
- Support community outreach programs in line with TKI’s mission and vision.
- Manage all TKI websites
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Accomplished marketing and communications career with a minimum of 10 years experience
- University degree in marketing, communications, business or journalism
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to supervise and motivate staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies and guiding investment in people and system
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross functional teams
- Strong e-media, electronic marketing and digital platform skills.
- External media and marketing organizations.
- Internal customers and the wider TKI population.
- Tessenderlo Group colleagues and other stakeholder functions.
- Group Communications Manager (Dotted line reporting)
Key Metrics Areas:
- Manage budget expenditures
- Communication engagement rate and reach
- Social Media/ Website reach
- Marketing metrics based on BU strategies and needs
- Competitive intelligence / Global markets trend data
- GPS Metric set re subject matter
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program