Essential Job Functions
As an Operator, you operate the plant and terminal according to TKI policy and procedures and in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Load and unload trucks in accordance with TKI policy and OSHA, EPA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Load and unload railcars in accordance with TKI policy and OSHA, EPA, BOE, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Contain, clean up, package and label hazardous waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Fill out and sign Bill of Ladings and other paperwork associated with the loading and unloading process. Obtain retained samples of the loaded trucks and railcars.
- Participate in the plant safety program including present and attend the required safety meetings, reporting of potential hazards, and performing monthly safety inspections.
- Routinely inspect vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Maintain plant property in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lock out/ tag out and confined space entries.
- Implement Emergency Response Plan and assist in mitigation of emergency situations.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work with co-workers and customers in a professional manner.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Education – HS diploma minimum;
- Good experience with mechanical and technical knowledge and skills
- Must be able to read and understand material
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate – must know basic computer skills
- TKI Dumas Plant Manager
- Customers and their drivers
- Area Manager – TKI Operations
- M&I Sales Team
Key Metrics Areas:
- Work effectively and efficiently with little supervision
- Ability to produce quality product meeting TKI Standards
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program