Essential Job Functions
In this role you are responsible for establishing, maintaining and improving the quality standards within all Business Units and Shared Services teams within TKI.
- Lead and maintain health and safety management standards in line with TKI’s policies, processes and cultural norms.
- Manage the research and plant based quality control team in supporting the TKI businesses in order to achieve and maintain the appropriate product quality standards. Together with the commercial teams, define all product specifications.
- Be a champion of quality and performance excellence, cementing its role within the TKI customer value proposition.
- Drive the design and development of new and existing test methods while ensuring the compliance against previously set standards. Train employees as required.
- Act as a resource for our commercial teams to improve field based customers service, taking into account product usage, storage, handling guidelines and technical knowledge as well as the ‘4R’s’ stewardship program.
- Update, agree and implement a TKI Quality program utilizing applicable concepts and tools based upon the tenants and the appropriate use of Statistical Process Control (SPC), Total Quality Management and Six Sigma.
- Lead projects as requested.
- Investigate all product deficiencies reported by state agriculture departments.
- Oversee the evaluation of blend formulations involving TKI products requested by TKI customers and sales teams.
- Maintain a database of all blends evaluated by the Quality Control lab.
- Institute analysis certificates for required shipments.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement and development, in all aspects of business performance.
- Launch and revise a comprehensive customer issues procedure for all TKI Business Units. Lead the process of establishing a root cause analysis of each complaint and required corrective actions, necessary to improve the customer experience.
- Establish measures of the ‘Cost of Quality.’ Identify key improvement targets and facilitate corrective actions with all stakeholder groups.
- Create and manage the annual budget for the Quality Control department.
- Build and maintain a database to manage all relevant quality data. Use the data to improve performance thru statistical analysis and recommendations.
- Monitor NERAC reports concerning TKI products and competitors and run searches as needed on topics relevant to TKI.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- A bachelors’ degree in a related field
- Over 8 years’ experience in a quality control role, as well as knowledge of appropriate techniques and processes.
- Prior experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and skills in Six Sigma, project management and TQM are all preferred.
- Ability to work in a customer centric environment and ensure the Quality team meets the needs of TKI and its customers.
- Competent in leading a team and manage work processes to meet on time and precise outcomes requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Assess business needs and identify potential opportunities for improvement.
- Influence and implement effective and sustainable changes.
- All TKI Business Units and Shared Services teams
- TKI customers and suppliers
- Tessenderlo Group contacts in quality management
- External contacts
Key Metrics Areas:
- Process compliance
- Costs of Quality
- Resolved customer issues
- Budget compliance
- Safety standards
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program