Essential Job Functions
As the Safety Officer, you will direct the daily safety activities of site operations and maintenance personnel. Ensure compliance with TKI policy and procedures with emphasis on all applicable state, federal, and MSHA regulations.
- Direct the safety activities of all site personnel.
- Provide motivation and leadership to site personnel: when necessary immediately correcting/reporting adverse safety behavior.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety inspections are completed and reported to the proper personnel.
- Provide safety leadership to the site. This includes tracking all safety training and ensuring employees are compliant with all training, certifications, etc.
- Actively participate in all site inspections; Including MSHA, client and TKI corporate safety.
- Plan all safety meeting presentations; including providing assistance to employees where needed.
- Identify, evaluate and assist in implementing cost saving ideas to help the safety department reach required budgetary goals.
- Conduct multiple safety inspections throughout the day to ensure the site and employees are in compliance.
- Communicate clearly and tactfully, both verbally and in writing.
- Know all safety standards and practices applicable to the plant site. Ensure the plant site is in compliance with all laws and standards, with an emphasis on MSHA.
Skills & Knowledge Required
HS diploma required. An Associates or Bachelors preferred in a safety-related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Must possess, or have ability to acquire, MSHA blue card training. MSHA blue card desired
Strong understanding of safety regulations with an emphasis on MSHA.
Must be able to read and understand material and be able to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
Good written/verbal communication skills
Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise health and safety procedures
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Able to manage multiple projects and tasks.
Must be able to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- TKI Director of Safety
- Area Manager – TKI Operations
- Elko Plant Manager
- TKI Onsite Employees and Barrick Goldstrike Personnel
- Supply Coordinators and Delivery Drivers
Key Metrics Areas:
- Meet requirements for online safety training utilizing Pure Safety (100% requirement).
- Meet minimum requirements for safety audits (average 10 per year).
- Ensure timely completion of all audit reports.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program