Essential Job Functions
Please NOTE: This position is a remote position for the NW Territory in Idaho & Montana- You must be living in this area to be considered for this opening.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales - You will serve as the TKI Crop Vitality sales contact with distributors and retailers in an assigned region. You will represent the company enthusiastically and establish relationships with new distributors & retailers as well as maintain and manage the existing book of business.
This position will be supporting the Pacific NW territory in Idaho and Montana, and will also have travel responsibilities up to 40% to 50% dependent upon location. This position is a remote position.
• Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
• Research and identify sales opportunities for TKI Crop Vitality products within the Pacific Northwest.
• Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
• Develop quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown in the Pacific Northwest.
• Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests and offers from competitors pertinent market intel.
• Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
• Schedule, organize and execute TKI Crop Vitality product presentations to distributors, retailers and growers.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and providing follow-up service.
• Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions and industry news.
• Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the Pacific Northwest.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition or other life sciences is a plus.
Possess or willing to obtain a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license.
2-3 years of field experience in plant nutrition, soil science or other agricultural related science – technical understanding of plant nutrition is essential.
Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
A working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to work within budget, expenses and time constraints.
• TKI Crop Vitality BU Directors, Agronomists and manufacturing plants.
• Nurture relationships with existing customers and new accounts.
• Identify new sales opportunities and manage these relationships as well.
Key Metrics Areas:
• Maintain & increase existing sales.
• Maintain customer loyalty & retention.
• Work within predetermined expense budgets.
• Promote the Crop Vitality brand & the Crop Vitality value proposition.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program