Essential Job Functions
The Shop Assistant position is located at the TKI Innovation and Learning Center in Dinuba, Ca. Our 107-acre research farm, located in the heart of California ag land, is a testament to TKI’s commitment to agricultural Research and Development and features a variety of California crops. The selected candidate will join a talented farm team and Crop Vitality Agronomists in pursuit of new products to add to our line of industry-leading specialty fertilizers. This is an entry-level position responsible for assisting the Farm Team staff with daily facility and equipment housekeeping.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to keep tractors and implements, fleet vehicles, and additional field assets clean and well maintained on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to maintain an orderly appearance of the Innovation and Learning Center buildings and grounds.
- Assist the Farm Team staff with tools and parts retrieval as well as minor repairs to equipment as skills allow.
- Assist the Research Team with crop planting and study harvests as needed.
- Other tasks as needed.
Skills & Knowledge Required
• HS Diploma or GED is required.
• California Class C Driver License is required.
• 2 years of farm/industrial experience helpful but not necessary.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
• Ability to work in extreme working environments.
• Willingness and ability to learn to operate and maintain farm machinery, tractors, forklifts, pesticide sprayers, fertilizer applicators, direct seeders, transplanters, etc.
• Innovation and Learning Center Station Manager, Farm Manager, Principal Farm Technician, Research Farm Technician, Director of Agronomy, Crop Vitality Agronomists, and contract labor.
Key Metrics Areas:
• Ability to follow directions while also showing initiative.
• Demonstration of pride in the upkeep of equipment and vehicles while taking ownership of assigned areas of responsibility.
• Ability to identify and report issues with field and greenhouse plantings, irrigation systems, machinery and other relevant equipment needed for research.
• Ability to follow all TKI Corporate Health, Safety, and Environmental policies.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program