Essential Job Functions
The Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.’s Mining and Industrial (M&I) business unit is looking for an experienced, versatile individual who will be responsible for the sales of M&I products into various applications and markets. A successful candidate will use their technical knowledge and sales expertise to promote existing product lines, develop new applications, and build customer confidence through tangible support.
- Manage multiple sales accounts with a focus on growing market share and client base.
- Regularly interface with clients and end users to better understand applications and needs. Your goal is to provide a complete service offering by assisting on technical application issues as well as suggesting/growing sales of alternate, applicable M&I products.
- Identify new growth opportunities either through existing product application development or adjacent synergies.
- Develop and implement testing protocols to validate M&I products for customer applications.
- Be involved in our budgeting process and participate in supply and demand planning and reporting requirements.
- Generate quotes and pricing for customers with the required follow up; Identify, evaluate and implement our sales strategy to maximize margins and monitor accounts to ensure results.
- Exercise independent good judgement and discretion in resolving problems.
- Coordinate activities across company disciplines to service accounts
- Communicate clearly and tactfully, both verbally and writing; maintain good communications both internally and with business associates.
- Become familiar and comply with all regulatory laws and standards applicable to our products, their movement, and application; Lead efforts and implement product safety stewardship at client locations.
- Understand and utilize to the fullest extent possible the expertise of support staff within TKI, i.e. Environmental, Regulatory, Safety, Logistics, Transportation, Engineering, and Quality Control.
- Travel as necessary (30-35% of time) to plants and client sites.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- BSc in a technical field (Engineering, Chemistry or Metallurgy) required with minimum work experience of 5 years.
- Experience with direct management of chemical sales accounts is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience of mining or industrial applications is a plus.
- Computer literacy required; must be thoroughly versed in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook); experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills required; must be comfortable working with people from the shop floor to the executive suite; must demonstrate integrity, consistency and conscientiousness
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Fluency in English required. Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Must have the physical stamina to tolerate high levels of stress.
- Ability to tactfully negotiate with clients
- Must be comfortable with extensive work by telephone and computer.
- Must be capable of visiting a chemical plant environment and be able to wear all personal protective equipment required, including hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, work boots/shoes and appropriate respiratory protection.
- Sales Manager, Mining & Industrial
- Administrative Assistant, Mining & Industrial
- Director of Sales, Mining & Industrial
- Director, Mining & Industrial Business Unit
- Technical Sales Specialist, Mining & Industrial
Key Metric Areas:
- Sales volumes and profits
- Number of customers
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program