Essential Job Functions
As an extension of sales, the Technical Service Manager will guide and implement the company’s field product development requirements. You will organize the field development strategy for new products and develop new uses for existing products, both with the goal of increasing commercial sales and providing sales support to field sales representatives. In addition, you will be savvy at handling customer inquires and product complaints.
Field Product Development:
- Advise, coordinate and implement the company’s field product development plan.
- Collaborate with product management personnel, coordinate public, private and customer generated field research of NovaSource products.
- Responsible for gathering and disseminating meaningful results, useful to the sales team.
- Assist the regulatory department on label issues, Section 3 & 18, SLN, IR-4, 2ee and technical bulletins.
- Provide background information for government requests, special projects or acquisitions.
- Responsible for answering field product complaints in coordination with account managers.
- Assist with screening of new product offerings at various stages of development.
- Identify trends, discoveries and opportunities and threats.
- Initiate activities likely to have a meaningful return on investment.
- Interact closely with sales personnel to discover, develop and follow up on proposed ideas.
- Responsible for answering field product complaints in coordination with other key managers pertinent to the commercial development of NovaSource products.
- Establish relationships with important university, extension, government and other key influencers pertinent to the commercial development of NovaSource products.
- Support the technical expertise of account managers by participating in meetings, assisting with presentations and training.
- Link international and North American efforts to improve knowledge transfer and efficiency though regular contact with International managers.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelors degree in Agronomy, Plant Science or any other related area of focus. A Masters degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in field development. Experience in sales and/or product management is desirable.
- Technical agricultural experience across a wide range of crops is necessary to be successful.
- Strong administrative and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently
- Located or willing to relocate to Central California or Pacific Northwest. Expect up to 50% travel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize needs and opportunities and maintain useful historical records.
- Sales and marketing representatives
- Internal and external customers
- Establish relationships with important university, extension, government and other key influencers pertinent to the commercial development of NovaSource products
Key Metrics Areas:
- Establishing relationships with key influencers
- Increase sales through product development
- Knowledge of products
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program