As the Infrastructure Lead, you will be part of a global team to impact day-to-day operations positively. Currently, Tessenderlo Kerley seeks an Infrastructure/ Host Lead to support 14 locations across the US.
As the Infrastructure Lead, you will manage one data center, support one in Europe, and manage two on the Hosting team. You will be responsible for the selection and process of transitioning to a new data center and hardware replacement into a Hyper Converge environment. In addition, you play a vital role in the installation of a global backup solution, SD-WAN Solution, and cyber security initiatives.
If you have experience supporting the entire lifecycle of projects, have at least five years of data center experience, and have certifications in VMware and CISCO, we want to talk with you.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that enjoys working with global teams and coaching and leading a team.
Other responsibilities you can expect as the Infrastructure/ Host Lead are:
What you will do:
- You will be Responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the server and network Infrastructure, managing all aspects of a Windows server, virtual environments, WAN, LAN support, project management for infrastructure projects, and Help Desk services.
- Lead, manage, and coordinate the Hosting, Microsoft Digital Workplace & Network & security teams.
- Support efforts in the framework of the IT strategy
- Coach the team and decide the planning and allocation of team members.
- Ensure that the Connectivity, Storage & Compute developments are delivered on time within budget and at the expected quality level.
- Implement and maintain all related processes.
- Manage the subcontractors in their spectrum of responsibility following Company policy.
- Manages technology improvements, Enterprise Architectures, development standards, and practices to meet the ICT needs of Tessenderlo Group, TG.
- Monitor, manage and update computing resources to maximize system performance according to the planning and budget constraints.
- Makes use of appropriate capacity plans and resource management processes.
- Produces an annual capacity plan that shows current utilization and forecasted requirements and trends in infrastructure growth.
- Provides, updates, and maintains a set of methods, practices, and processes related to Connectivity, Storage & Compute.
- Defines, maintains and updates an Infrastructure continuity plan to minimize business downtime.
- Oversee systems monitoring, backups, storage, job scheduling, and systems management reporting.
- Track and maintain inventory for equipment, licenses, software, and related items in their designated area.
What we need from you:
- Requires knowledge that is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and/or Technical degree or an equivalent of relevant experience.
- Must have 5 years of data center experience, certifications in VMware, CISCO
- A minimum 10 years' experience in the Infrastructure area with at least 5 full lifecycle implementation projects.
- Experience with business transformation projects and international multicultural projects.
- Ability to lead by example
- Experience leading a project team and supporting full lifecycle of projects
- Experience with lifecycle project planning in an ERP system (SAP a plus)
- A structured approach to projects with a qualification in PMI or Prince 2 would be a plus.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and standards
- Strong knowledge of integration across all technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must be diplomatic in all interactions as well as a seasoned problem-solver.
- You can influence and embed change at appropriate levels.
- A positive attitude is required to be successful.
- Flexible and proactive to provide real business solutions.
- Self-directed and capable of delivering time-critical work products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness for occasional travel
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Parental and childbearing leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program