Tessenderlo Kerley seeks an experienced welder with at least 5-years’ experience in welding, fitting and fabrication of piping, vessels and structural assemblies.
You will be responsible for producing quality work in a safe and reasonable amount of time with minimal to no rework.
You will work with shop supervisors and other employees in the fabrication of piping, vessels and structural assemblies. The ideal candidate will be familiar with ASME, AWS, and API welding codes.
- Ability to read and understand tape measure in SAE and periodically Metric such as on piping isometrics, equipment fabrication drawings, structural drawings, and Engineering Specifications.
- Pass X-Ray and hydro tests on piping and vessels with minimum fail rate.
- Understand and be knowledgeable of layout, cutoff, fit-up and weld complete piping weldments, pressure vessels and structural components.
- Practice safety protocols in accordance with TKI policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning a logical order of fabrication and assembly of components and weldments.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- High School Graduate or GED, and/or 2 years of college or trade school relevant experience.
- Can operate independently and has good problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to produce an acceptable number of complete weldments and equipment. Able to work with drawings and blueprints with acceptable production results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all disciplines and departments.
- Experience in planning a logical order of fabrication and assembly of components and weldments.
- Must be able to interpret and follow a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), adjust welding equipment to meet the WPS. Layout, fit-up, and weld piping, vessels, and structural.
- Able to work with others in close quarters and under tight schedule constraints, and be able to promote a positive team attitude and live TKI core values and attitudes.
- Comfortable with mentoring newer, less experienced employees.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures and set example for newer employees.
- Be compliant with company attendance policy and requirements.
- Quality Control
- Direct Supervisor
Key Metrics Areas:
- Be able to produce good quality welds in an efficient and timely manner.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program